Annapurna Base Camp Trek – 11 Days
Annapurna base camp trek is an amazing walk through diverse landscape and culture complete with rich mountain vistas, terraced fields, quaint Gurung villages, and a wide variety of flora and fauna. Mt. Annapurna (8091m) of Nepal is the 10th highest mountain in the world and the journey to its base camp, which is at 4130m/13549ft height, is one of the most popular walks on earth. Moreover, we reach our destination via Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) which is revered by the Nepalese for its unique beauty. Furthermore, thanks to the well-groomed itinerary of the Annapurna Base Camp trekking package, it is a popular choice among diverse outdoor enthusiasts, from a solo female travelers to hikers travelling in groups to Nepal.
The trail passes through interesting villages and terraced farmland, giving an insight into how the locals of this area live. It also winds through rhododendron forests, passes and over glacier rivers and waterfalls, and allows spectacular views of sheer cliffs with rivers running below. Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. It is quite easy and shorter trek than other high altitude treks in Nepal.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
- You will have the privilege of exploring the two base camps – Annapurna Base Camp (4130 meters) and Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700 meters) on the same trip.
- Spectacular and close view of Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri
- You will know about the culture, traditions, and typical living practices of the Gurung people in Ghandruk village.
- You can relax in the hot water pool at Jhinu Danda after returning from the Base Camp.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 2: Fly to Pokhara (827m/2,700ft), trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft): 30 minutes flight, 5 – 6 hours trek
Day 3: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2170m/7120ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 4: Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m/7578ft): 4 – 5 hours
Day 5: Bamboo to Deurali (3230m/10,595ft): 3 – 4 hours
Day 6: Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m/13,545 ft) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700 m/12135 ft): 5- 6 hours
Day 7: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: 7 – 8 hours
Day 8: Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1760m/5770 ft): 5 – 6 hours
Day 9: Trek to Naya Pul then drive to Pokhara: 6 hours trek, 1-hour drive
Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 11: Final Departure
- 60$ guide wage per day (group size below 10) for group size above 10 - 15 the guide wage is 80$
- Porter wage 20$ per day
- Permit TIMS Card and ACAP Permit for each individual
- Insurance for local staff
- International airport pick up and drop
- All Hotel accommodations during the trip
- Trekking Equipment
- Major meals, Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu or during the trip
- Airlines and land transport costs during the trip
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Entry visa fee
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- Tips & Gratuities to porters and guides